The Garrity Group, LLC, a full service public relations firm based in Albuquerque, New Mexico, is taking applications for an Account Executive.
Job Description: The Account Executive is responsible for the relationship between The Garrity Group (TGG) and clients. The Account Executive will generally look after client needs through direct contact, liaison, and the marshaling of TGG resources. The President and Vice President/Director will be the key, day to day TGG representative to the client and will maintain a highly responsive service orientation in all transactions. The candidate must be knowledgeable in both the client’s business and the TGG business. The Vice President supervises the Account Executive’s performance with accounts, and reviews all strategic and media decisions formulated by the various project areas before they are delivered to the client.
The Account Executive reports to the Director and/or Vice President with these responsibilities:
- Maintaining direct, day-to-day, senior level client contact.
- Directing the services of the Assistant Account Executives to ensure proper TGG service clients.
- Working in a proactive manner aimed at providing client’s marketing plans with the greatest amount of value added through communications.
- Analyzing client input, together with background knowledge, research, field feedback, etc. to produce full communication plans.
- Devising communications strategy.
- Ensuring technical and product representations are appropriate.
- Providing the firm/account team with well-documented input, support data and production materials as required.
- In the absence of creative personnel, presenting and selling communication plans, concepts and media plans to clients; supporting selling of concepts and plans.
- Providing clients, staff and contractors with budgets and status updates.
- Coordinating project timing and budgets with all relevant TGG personnel.
- Keeping apprised of all relevant client and market developments.
- Be familiar with and write according to AP Style.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
EXPERIENCE (and other qualifications)
The candidate should have previous experience working as an account executive for a public relations firm or can clearly demonstrate proficiency to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously. The candidate should also have excellent writing, client service and oral communication skills.
The salary is commensurate with experience.
Email resume/salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
THE GARRITY GROUP IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.