The Garrity Group Public Relations (TGG), an award winning, full-service public relations firm focused on protecting and enhancing our client's reputation, is accepting resumes for a public relations Assistant Account Executive (AAE) in our Albuquerque, New Mexico, office.
The AAE is an entry level position and is responsible for the daily contact between The Garrity Group (TGG) and one or more clients. He/she handles the day-to-day administrative activities for assigned clients, under the direction of the Director and/or Vice President. The AAE is expected to become fully conversant with products/services, markets and media in which the assigned client(s) operate. A successful candidate must be familiar with AP Style guidelines and a strong writer.
The AAE is a service person, not a sales person, however, he/she is encouraged to solicit new work from existing clients. The AAE is encouraged to recommend production items internally and to all public relations clients: development of company name, logo and stationary package, newsletters and videos of informational nature, social/digital products, production items that are of a sales nature must be forwarded to the appropriate Director and Vice President
The Assistant Account Executive reports to a Director and is responsible for (but not limited to):
- Working in a proactive manner aimed at providing clients public relation plans and approaches with the greatest amount of value added through communications.
- Participates in development of and reviews all creative concepts to confirm whether they meet strategic goals before they are delivered to the client for approval.
- Provides client briefings and report to internal and external audiences (as needed).
- Provides the client background knowledge to produce communication plans/strategy based on a four step approach of Research, Planning, Execution and Evaluation.
- Provides creative, production, media and PR team with well-documented input, support data and production materials as required.
- Provides clients, staff and contractors with research and status updates.
- Coordinating project and event timing with all relevant TGG personnel.
- Assisting and developing information related to client announcements and events.
- Working with research personnel and other freelance/contract resources.
- Writing Client Meeting Reports, reviewing important developments with team members.
- Assist in preparing month-end overviews of client activities.
- Representing TGG at industry and networking functions — promoting TGG at every opportunity.
- Familiarity with the community, key opinion leaders (elected, media leaders) and events in New Mexico.
Bachelor's degree in Communications (or related field)
EXPERIENCE (and other qualifications)
The candidate should have previous experience working on public relations accounts (can be in an educational setting, familiarity with existing (print and electronic) media and emerging media channels (digital, social)) as well as excellent writing and oral communication skills.
This position is based in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The salary is commensurate with experience.
Email resume/salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org put “Albuquerque AAE Search” in the subject line.
THE GARRITY GROUP IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.