Doughnut Franchise Returns to Albuquerque with Sweet Grand Opening Event
Challenge: Krispy Kreme Doughnuts needed a trusted partner to generate awareness, excitement and positive buzz about the franchise’s return to the Duke City.
Solution: The Garrity Group developed and implemented a comprehensive communications approach that included a social media plan and traditional media relations outreach. Our social media approach focused on a Facebook fan page and a local Twitter account, both utilized daily to build anticipation for the grand opening event. Our team helped to establish unique partnerships between Krispy Kreme and local non-profits by pairing leading radio broadcasting companies (Citadel, Clear Channel, Calvary) and a national cable corporation (Comcast) with nonprofit organizations on a Doughnut Cake Competition.
Results: Our team generated awareness and social media buzz that included:
- Five million media impressions and 76 unique news stories
- $145,628.00 in relative media value
- Growing Facebook “likes” from zero to over 2,500
- Increasing Twitter followers from zero to over 350
- Securing record turnout, including over 100 people in line for the 4AM grand opening