Favorability of the courts and the justice system is low among New Mexico residents. Overall, 33 percent of all residents have a favorable impression of the courts and justice system.
Demographically, residents with an annual household income less than $20,000 and over $80,000 have a more favorable impression of the courts and justice system than those in other parts of New Mexico
Geographically, residents living in Southwest and North Central New Mexico have more of a favorable impression about the courts and justice system than those living in other parts of the state.
Interestingly, more Albuquerque residents have an unfavorable impression (40 percent) of the courts and justice system than favorable (28 percent).
- Goal – Increase favorability of the courts and justice system
- Research – use the GPS’17 data to identify the most accessed forms of media for news and information among aligned demographics favorable to the courts and justice system.
- Planning – Develop a speakers bureau approach focusing on parent associations and community/business organizations.
- Execution – Share information about how to engage the system and provide expectations of that engagement.
- Evaluation – Measure the number of presentations and encourage involvement through an online website where people can get more information about the courts and justice system.
Favorability of the Courts and Justice System
- 13% Very Favorable
- 20% Favorable
- 29% Neutral
- 20% Unfavorable
- 15% Very Unfavorable
- 3% Don’t Know Wont Say