Favorability of the small business is high among New Mexico residents. Overall, 75 percent of all residents have a favorable impression of small business.
Demographically, small business has consistently high levels of support among New Mexico residents with annual household incomes between $40,000 and $60,000 as well as age groups of those older than 65 years.
Geographically, residents living in North Central New Mexico have the highest favorability toward small business.
Interestingly, residents living in North Central New Mexico have the highest level of favorable opinions toward small business (82 percent). Since 2011, favorability of small business in Northwest and Eastern New Mexico has decreased 10 percent and 12 percent, respectively.
- Goal – Increase favorability of small business in Northwest and Eastern New Mexico.
- Research – Use the GPS data to identify news and information sources accessed the most by those who support the industry in the respective regions.
- Planning – Develop a one year outreach to favorably position small business success stories in the respective regions.
- Execution – Develop online resources to help small business and promote those resources through media outreach and advertising.
- Execution – Leveraging national census information, share the economic impact of small business in New Mexico (and if possible highlight numbers unique to the regions).
- Evaluation – Track the number of visits to the online resources and use an online form for business owners to complete for more information or a consultation.
Favorability of Small Business
- 43% Very Favorable
- 32% Favorable
- 17% Neutral
- 5% Unfavorable
- 1% Very Unfavorable
- 2% Don’t Know Wont Say