While our team can barely believe 2013 is nearly at a close, this season we’ve been fortunate to participate in many fun holiday events and activities.
Earlier this week, The Garrity Group team along with some of our family, friends and clients gathered at Design by Wine for our Christmas party. As the painting-wine craze sweeps the country, it’s great to see a local business succeeding with this fun concept. Best of all, every guest left with a brand-new masterpiece to call their own.
Our client and friends at the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta did a wonderful job this year bringing together the board of directors, staff and business partners to fulfill the Christmas wish lists of 16 families at Albuquerque’s S.A.F.E house. From Elmo to Hot Wheels, our team had a great time picking out and contributing to this drive benefiting the house, which shelters and empowers survivors of partner domestic violence.
As we all work to wrap-up our year, we know there are many wonderful organizations serving our community who still need donations and support this month and into 2014. If you or your team are still looking for ways to give back, here are a few options:
- KOATS for Kids – KOAT-TV is accepting new and gently used coats until December 31. There are multiple drop-off locations around Albuquerque.
- Albuquerque Public Schools – Accepting donations of new socks & underwear for K-12 students through December 24. Donations can be dropped off 8AM – 6:30 PM at City Centre (6400 Uptown Blvd)
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of New Mexico – During the busy holiday season, the House still needs Guest Chefs every night of the year. Contact Kara for open dates through December 31 and in 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Faiths Receiving Home – For families that struggle daily, the holiday season can be an especially difficult time. All Faiths conducts an annual food drive, and accepts gifts of toys and basic necessities for families year-round.
- National Institute of Flamenco – This Albuquerque landmark suffered a devastating fire on December 18 that nearly burned the dance studio to the ground. You can learn more about helping the Institute rebuild on their page.