An Intro to Clubhouse
By Andie Mirabal
If you haven’t heard, Clubhouse is taking the social media world by storm. It’s one of the newest platforms to hit the market and is invite only (with the exception of those who apply to join and have enough connections on the app. to be accepted), making it exclusive. And, as it becomes increasingly more popular, below is a guide to this new community.
What is it: Clubhouse is a live, audio-based platform that leverages virtual rooms and a community of influencers. Users can create or join rooms that incorporate speakers on just about any topic, making it the perfect place to learn.
How it works: Once on the app. users must find clubs and people to follow. You can search for conversations about certain topics or search the platform for certain people. Once users have followed others, they will begin to get notifications of upcoming and happening rooms. To join a room, simply ensure that it is active and click on the title.
Each room has an audience and speakers. The moderator can accept people onto the stage as well as remove them. This gives an opportunity to rotate and hear a number of opinions on the subject.
Why it’s important: Clubhouse provides the opportunity to explore a variety of interests, promote thought leadership and connect with people, of all different roles, from around the world.
Other helpful tips:
- You are automatically placed on mute when joining a room. So, if you have something to say, raise your hand
- Make sure your bio is current and shares what you contribute to a room. It is the only glimpse that people have of who you are and can be the reason that they choose to follow or connect with you.
- If on stage and you agree with something that a speaker is saying, flash your mute/microphone button as a sign that you are applauding
- Once on the app. join as many rooms as you find interesting. This is helpful in identifying those that you’d like to follow
Things to keep in mind:
- You can use other apps. while listening to a room
- The party emoji placed next to a profile image means that the person is new. This emoji stays with new users for a week
How to use for your brand:
- Leverage rooms as networking opportunities. Be sure to include your Twitter and/or Instagram in your bio. so that others may follow up
- Start a room to promote your organization and/or its clients as thought leaders
- Start a room to share important news with a large or exclusive audience
About the author: Andie Mirabal is a visual media enthusiast with a love for telling stories
Published February 26, 2021
Right out of the gate, full disclosure: I am a Southwest Airlines A-list flyer. I have enjoyed flying Southwest and will continue fly with this airline.
Welcome to the June edition of The Garrity Group water cooler conversation where we have a chance to talk about the events that are on our mind on this June 21, 2021.
Christmas celebrations were concluding when my brother and his fiancé asked what I thought about the CBS police drama “Blue Bloods.”
Schedule a Consultation
Request a time for your team to address a specific issue, learn more about the Garrity Perception Survey or lets discuss our work on your behalf.